Please find the full eligibility criteria HERE
The High Fives Foundation offers three grant cycles in the calendar year:
Cycle 1 – Open to those injured in outdoor adventure sports* AND wounded veterans pursuing outdoor adventure sports.
- Applications and budgets must be submitted between January 1 - January 31.
- Applicants will be notified of their status on March 1.
Cycle 2 – Open to those injured in outdoor adventure sports*.
- Applications and budgets must be submitted between May 1 - May 31.
- Applicants will be notified of their status on July 1.
Cycle 3 – Open to those injured in outdoor adventure sports* AND wounded veterans who wish to pursue outdoor adventure sports* AND those injured in inertia-based accidents who wish to pursue outdoor adventure sports*.
- Applications and budgets must be submitted between August 1 - August 31.
- Applicants will be notified of their status on October 1.
*This grant cycle only funds adaptive outdoor adventure sports equipment.*
Applications must be submitted with a minimum of 24 hours left in the cycle period to account for processing and approval time. Applications will be reviewed and considered in the submission order in which they were received.
Scholarships are primarily need-based and documentation of needs must support the scholarship application. The average grant size is between $2,500-$5,000. All grant requests must meet the High Fives Foundation's mission.
- Grant requester must provide an invoice for all therapies, treatments, equipment, or other approved expenses in detail within 90 days. Checks are never written to an individual (grantee). The provider of services or equipment shall be paid directly by the Foundation.
- All grant funding MUST be fulfilled before the end of the calendar year.
- Applicants requesting funding for equipment over $5,000 MUST include a letter of recommendation from an expert in the field confirming skill, commitment, and passion for the sport.
- Applicants are only eligible if the injury was sustained within the past 25 years.
- Email responses from Submit.com may contain an external link, thus end up in your spam box. To prevent this issue, please add Submit.com to your contacts.